MANY years ago, when my first son was a toddler, my wife and I went to a parenting class at our church. Actually, we took turns each week, with one of us staying home with our son. Yet even with just attending sporadically, I learned things that became part of my foundation for how to be a good parent.
I’d now like to teach a parenting class, where we would look at God as our roll model of a truly good parent. Here are some aspects of God’s parenting style that would be helpful for all parents…
- Always forgiving
- Unconditional love for all His children
- No favorites
- Gives His all for His children – He even sacrificed His only natural Son for His adopted children.
- Always there, willing to listen
- He lets His children learn by their own mistakes.
- No spoiled brats in God’s family. There are be consequences for bad behavior.
- He’s always there to help us with our homework.
- He looks out for His children’s future, even if they don’t.
What else can you think of?