First, my writing is not about me. Don’t want the attention, don’t want to feed my ravenous ego (yep, I’m just a typical pride-plagued human).
Ego aside, let me tell you about me (hey, just a standard author website page topic, just in case you’re interested). Anyway …
- First 30+ years of my life: agnostic, atheist, Star Wars fanatic—ah, the Force! Now there’s a religion I could get behind. Somewhere along the path of my life, I came to know Jesus, and love Him. And I’m still a Star Wars fanatic.
- I write because I’m passionate about God, Jesus, His Spirit, and His truth. And, I feel the Holy Spirit gets shortchanged in the world we call Christianity. The truth is sometimes lacking too.
- I’m passionate for people I call Wounded Christians, who like me have been scarred by some experience, often with a particular church. Many of them, having attended a Christian church for years, drop out, again like me. Much of my writing is specially for such Wounded Christians.
- My thoughts on truth: For truth to be real, it must come from outside humanity. That’s because within humanity, there is no one unchanging idea. Yet a truth, to be real truth, must be unchanging. There are truths of nature and laws of physics – these come from outside humanity and do not change. All other truths that apply to humanity must come from God. God is the only source of truth.
- No theological education. Most of what I know about God, Jesus, and their Spirit I learned through reading and lots of quiet time hanging out with them (aka, prayer). Some may view this as a weakness. But possibly it’s a strength, since instead on relying on an education to give me the words I write, I rely on Jesus and His Spirit. My strongest desire while writing is to have the Holy Spirit guide my pen.
- The most important relationship in my life is with the Spirit of Jesus living inside me, sharing my life with me. Now some may accuse me of giving my wife and sons second place. BUT, because of my devotion to the Spirit of Jesus, my love for my wife, son’s, and all my family is definitely stronger than it otherwise would have been.
- Speaking of love, I think true love is humble love, thinking of others more than my self. And the only means to such love, for me anyway, is by letting Jesus’ love leak out of me and pour onto those around me. For Jesus’ love is humble love.
- The primary purpose of all my writing is to help people find and nurture their own relationship with the Spirit of Jesus living within them. He may already be there, inside them—they just don’t know it yet.
Finally, if you’d like to follow my writing activities, please follow this link and sign up to receive emails (right sidebar). The emails will be few (I write slowly), so no need to worry about me clogging your inbox.
All the best to you,