I’ve been re-thinking my purpose for writing, whether blog posts or the books I’m working on. I’ve been thinking about this in terms of peoples needs I hope to fill. This is what I’ve come up with so far…
- Help people escape the stress in their life. Show them how to replace the stress with the peace they are looking for.
- Help people feel the same freedom and joy we felt as children. Do you remember that, the days of fun and play?
- Help people find a sense of purpose and fulfillment, and find this in their relationship with God.
- Help people feel loved. I hope to help people find and feel the Fatherly love of God.
- Help people find freedom from the influence of false ideas about Christianity. Show them the freedom that comes from the truth.
- Help people know and accept that true Christianity is all about a relationship, not rules.
- Dechurched Christians, like me, may be looking for a sense of belonging, like me. Show them how to find that.
- Help dechurched Christians find freedom from any guilt they may feel because they no longer attend church.
- Show people how to find and have an intimate and personal relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Help them know the Holy Spirit of God as a person, rather than an idea. And help them feel His presence in their lives.
What do you think about this? Please let me know. Does this look like too much to you? Does it leave you with the sense that I have an over-inflated idea of my talent for helping people? After all, this is a lot. But truth is, I’m just a searching human like you, with all the same needs I’ve listed above. I’m no expert in any of this – all I can do is share what I’ve learned, and continue to learn, in my own search.
Another change I’m planning to make is that I will soon start sending out periodic emails with stuff targeted to help fill the needs I’ve listed above. I’ll send these email messages to everyone who would like to subscribe to receive them. I will probably send an email once a week, or maybe every other week. I’m curious, what do you think of this email idea?
By the way, I really appreciate the ideas and comments you might share with me. These changes I’m planning to make are a bit scary, and the support I get from those who visit and follow this blog is like comfort food.
Thank you. From my heart, CJ